Springtime is here at long last and with flowers in bloom and warmer weather on the horizon it’s the perfect time to celebrate change and renewal. Floral patterns and vibrant colors add the perfect touch to spring decor, so now is the perfect time to gather some beautiful fabrics and ribbons to help you get crafting. While the cooler seasons are the time for knitting and crochet work, spring crafts are perfect for sewing and stitching. In this blog, we’ll share some of our favorite ideas for cute projects that are perfect for celebrating the sunshine and colors of spring.
Not an expert with a needle and thread? Don’t worry. You won’t have to be a master crafter to tackle these simple projects.
- Garden Flag – Get ready to show your yard a little love by creating your very own garden flag. With some ribbons and a few basic sewing supplies, you’ll be able to fly your banner proudly in the spring sunshine. Add a few iron-on patches to personalize the design and show your signature aesthetic. Don’t have a green thumb? Not a problem. Whether poking out of a flower bed or stationed near your lawn, these flags can add a bit of spring cheer wherever they’re planted.
- Fabric Flowers – These easy to make fabric flowers are a step up from the old tissue paper bouquet you used to make back in your school days. Make yours from old clothes or extra fabric that’s been lying around. It’ll add a pleasant bit of color to your home or make a thoughtful gift to give Mom for Mother’s Day. *hint hint*
- Tulip Wall Hangings – Full disclosure: you might have to do a little math for this one, but it’ll definitely be worth it. Nothing says “spring” quite like flowers and their elegant shape and vibrant colors make tulips a seasonal favorite. Create your own tulip-themed wall hanging and bring some spring flair indoors.
- Bow Headband – This project is not only adorable, it’s so simple that you won’t even need to do any sewing. Create a delightful bow shaped headband for yourself or your little one using extra fabric you might have lying around and a few other simple supplies. If you’re feeling extra fancy, you can step up the design by adding a few appliques from Lace Heaven’s inventory.
- Fabric Tote Bag – Whether you’re planning a trip to the farmer’s market or just want to add a little bit of charm to your next stop at the grocery store, these fabric totes are a great and functional eye catcher. Simple to make and incredibly versatile, you’ll feel like a crafting champ when you bring out these adorable bags.
With this list of crafts at your disposal, there’s no limit to what you can create. Be sure to browse Lace Heaven’s inventory for the perfect fabrics, appliques, and patches to put the finishing touch on your designs.